PHRF Racing Page
2018 Rules -
1. All Boats, Spinnaker and Non Spinnaker will be scored as one fleet with appropriate PHRF handicaps.
2. All boats must declare that they are spinnaker or non spinnaker before the warning signal of the 1st race of the day and will be scored the same way for all races that day.
3. In order for a race to elligible for scoring, there must be a minimum of 3 boats racing.
4. All boats will be handicapped using the average PHRF rating as published by U S Sailing with appropriate adjustments for Spinnaker, Non Spinnaker, or other equipment adjustments as set by the PHRF Rating Committee.
5. Boats sailing non spinnaker with an over length whisker pole will be given an adjustment to thier base rating determined by the PYC PHRF Committee, with the exception of boats whose base rating assumes a class legal, over length pole.
6. There will be a 2 hour time limit for for each race. If no boat finishes within 2 hours, the race will be abandoned.
7. The series scores for both Saturday and Wednesday will be scored using the high point percentage method
8. Each boat is awarded points for the number of boats beaten in each individual race plus 1. For example, in a 5 boat race, the 1st place boat will receive 5 points (finished ahead of 4 boats plus 1). The 4th place boat will receive 2 points.(finished ahead on 1 boat plus 1).
9. There will be one throw out of their worst score for each 6 races sailed. The throw out will count towards the number of races needed to qualify, but will be deducted from the final series score.
10. The number of races needed to qualify will be the nearest whole number greater than the average number of races sailed by all the participants in the series.
11. Ties will be broken in the following manner.
A. Comparison of qualifying races. i.e. Who had the most 1st's, 2nd's, 3rd's, etc.
B. If still tied, then comparison of throw outs. i.e. Who had the most 1st's, 2nd's, 3rd's, etc.
C. If still tied, then who beat who the most in head to head competition.
D. If still tied, then they are tied.