The Wednesday night races were started by long time Chickamauga Sailing Club (CSC) members and the series is still the most popular at PYC. They are now sponsored by the PYC PHRF Fleet. See below for the link to the rules and the results.
1. Keel Boats only are eligible to participate.
2. All scoring will be under the PHRF handicap system.
3. Spinnakers are allowed
3. There will be one start.
4. There must be 3 boats racing on a particular night to qualify as a race.
5. To qualify for year end awards, the skipper must sail in 50% of the races or 10, whichever is less
6. All skippers will be scored with the minimum number of qualifying races, so that all qualified skippers will be scored with the same number of races. Skippers who have sailed more than the minimum will throw out their highest scores. The winner will be the lowest cumulative score of their best races.
7. Ties will be broken in the following manner:
A. Comparison of races ( who got the most 1st's, then 2nd's, etc.)
B. If still tied, then comparison of throw outs (who threw out the most 1sts, then 2nds, etc.)
C. If still tied, then who had the best overall average score.
D. If still tied, then they are tied.