The Wednesday night races were started by long time Chickamauga Sailing Club (CSC) members and the series is still the most popular at PYC. They are now sponsored by the PYC PHRF Fleet. See below for the link to the rules and the results.
Wednesday Night Racing Rules
All Races Start at 7:00 PM
2016 Rules -
1. All Boats, Spinnaker and Non Spinnaker will be scored as one fleet with appropriate PHRF handicaps.
2. All boats must declare that they are spinnaker or non spinnaker before the warning signal of the 1st race of the day and will be scored the same way for all races that day.
3. In order for a race to elligible for scoring, there must be a minimum of 3 boats racing.
4. All boats will be handicapped using the average PHRF rating as published by U S Sailing with appropriate adjustments for Spinnaker, Non Spinnaker, or other equipment adjustments as set by the PHRF Rating Committee.
5. The Catalina 22 will be rated with its base rating whether sailing in the spinnaker or non spinnaker fleet.
6. Boats sailing non spinnaker with an over length whisker pole will be given an adjustment to thier base rating determined by the PYC PHRF Committee, with the exception of the Catalina 22, whose base rating assumes the class legal, over length pole.
7. There will be a 2 hour time limit for for each race. If no boat finishes within 2 hours, the race will be abandoned.
8. In order to qualify for year end awards, a boat must sail in 10 races or 1/2 of the races sailed for the season, whichever is less.
9. All boats will be scored using the same number of races, either 1/2 of the races sailed by the fleet or 10 races, whichever is less. All races in excess of the minimum will be considered throw outs.
10. Qualifying boats will be ranked by their total score of qualifying races for the season from the lowest to the highest, with the lowest score winning.
11. Ties will be broken in the following manner.
A. Comparison of qualifying races. i.e. Who had the most 1st's, 2nd's, 3rd's, etc.
B. If still tied, then comparison of throw outs. i.e. Who had the most 1st's, 2nd's, 3rd's, etc.
C. If still tied, then who beat who the most in head to head competition.
D. If still tied, then who had the lowest overall average score for the season including all the races the boat participated in.
E. If still tied, then they are tied.
Final Results for 2016