We will be holding race committee training on Saturday February 24th and Saturday March 10th from 10am – 2pm. Lunch will be provided. Only one training event needs to be attended. We have set two dates to make it easier to attend only one of them.
If you are interested in becoming a PYC Principal Race Officer or just want to learn more about helping with Race Committee, please attend.
Mission Statement: In order to promote racing at our club, we need to be able to count on having good race courses and race management for our weekend, Wednesday night and regatta events. With the influx of new members, it is important that we continue to try and train race committee members, and especially those that will serve as principle race officer (PRO).
- Form a group of (25) dedicated PROs for the 2018 racing season
- Creates race committee consistency
- Allows for (2) helpers each race instead of the current (1) helper
- Provide annual “continuing education” starting this winter for dedicated PROs and aspiring recruits
- Brainard Cooper will be providing the training based on US Sailing’s Race Management Course
- Allow PRO choice of race duty dates, within reason and availability
- Date signups open during training courses
Please let me know by responding to this email which date you plan on attending. Thank you.
Email: [email protected]